Updates from our Texas State Council Pro Life Chairman
Texans for Life Coalition Annual Dinner – Saturday September 17, 2022 – Westin DFW Hotel – Dinner starts at 7PM
This year Texans for Life is celebrating with Hometown Hero & NFL Great Jack Brewer! Their annual benefit dinner will be the party of a lifetime as we celebrate all that God has done to restore the sanctity of human life in America and especially, Texas.
Mark your calendar and stay tuned for more details! Go to this link for more details www.texlife.org
Hike for Life 2022 – Several Dates and Locations
Hike for Life is still needed to assist our Pregnancy Centers, Maternity Homes, and we need to keep the heat on those who are pro-abortion – so that means our Pro-Life Ministries still need to be supported so that the correct message is sent out and heard. If we become quiet – someone else with a different message will be heard.
Dates we have set for this year’s Hikes
- Dallas Flag Pole Hill – Saturday October 15th (Click Here to Register)
- Fr. Josef Vollmer-König – (Click here to sponsor)
- Fr. Andrew Semler – (Click here to sponsor)
- Fr. Michael Forge – (Click here to sponsor)
- Fr. Jason Cargo – (Click here to sponsor)
- Fr. Joseph Mehan – (Click here to sponsor)
- Fr. Stephen Ingram – (Click here to sponsor)
- Fr. Luke Turner – (Click here to sponsor)
- Fr. Michael Guadagnoli – (Click here to sponsor)
Form a team with your Pastor, Priest or Deacon – Make it an exciting day to remember.
Here are the checks we presented last year – YOU made this happen!!
- White Rose Pregnancy Center – $30,000
- Birth Choice Pregnancy Center – $30,000
- Mater Filius Maternity Home – $10,000
- Bella House Maternity Home – $10,000
- In My Shoes Maternity Home – $10,000
- Guadalupe Maternity Shelter – $10,000
- Catholic Pro-Life Community – $10,000
- Option Line (24 hour Pregnancy Hotline) – $1,000
- Guadalupe Radio Network – $1,000
Let’s repeat the feat from last year and make this year our best ever!!
40 Days for Life
This year there will not be a coordinated 40 Days for Life at an abortion mill – since they have closed – thank Goodness.
However, there is still a need. Prayerfully consider adopting a day at your Parish and have a 1 to 24 hour Adoration for Life.
The Fall 40 Days for Life is Sept 28 to Nov 6
There are still too many abortion clinics in this country and there are those that are working to make Texas open to them again – we must never stop praying.
Consult with your Pastor and see if he would like to adopt a day, or even just a few hours – to dedicate to the unborn.
Spend some time with Jesus – and help shut down an abortion clinic while doing it
Adoration is each First Friday of the month at Birth Choice with the intention that Southwest Surgical (in the same complex) stops performing abortions.
To get on the mailing list to sign up please contact Jim Hickey at firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Saturday Rosary for an end to abortion – 8AM – St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church, 4015 S. Hampton Rd., Dallas 75224
Immediately following 8:00 a.m. Mass in the Chapel. Gather with us in present or private prayer, as we supplicate for LIFE from conception to natural death. For more information, contact Maria Castillo-Lopez, email@example.com
3rd Saturday Rosary for those on Death Row – 8AM – St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church, 4015 S. Hampton Rd., Dallas 75224
Immediately following 8:00 a.m. Mass in the Chapel. Gather with us in present or private prayer, as we supplicate for LIFE from conception to natural death. For more information, contact Maria Castillo-Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Pregnancy Resource Centers need your help:
- I have received notes from both the White Rose and Birth Choice requesting assistance – Any financial assistance is appreciated – Summer is always a tough time – perhaps you can assist with the following:
- Size 5 diapers
- Size 6 diapers
- Toddler clothes sizes 2T – 4T (new and used)
- Baby Shampoo
- Baby Lotion
- We have 22 life decisions that are having their babies this month and each receives a layette filled with items they need (These are the first clients post SB8 to have their babies).
- This is a long list – follow this link
Please help as you are able – or arrange a Baby Shower at your Parish to help both of these fine life affirming institutions.
And finally – this from Bella House!!
“We want to welcome Andrew Smith as the new Director of Outreach for the Bella House, a local maternity home with two houses, one in Dallas and the other in Plano. Andrew would love to discuss opportunities with the Councils to partner with Bella House in their mission of empowering mothers and providing shelter and healing and long term transformation. Especially now in the post-Roe era when misunderstandings about the kinds of assistance and support that is available are misrepresented or under attack, it is essential we step up and provide for the needs of all mothers and babies.
Please contact Andrew at 972-955-8402 or at email@example.com and ask him how your Council can be involved.”
Thank to all! God bless,
Texas State Pro Life Chairman
President – Hike for Life Inc